Disclaimer

The author of this blog is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. As such the views expressed in this blog are influenced by the teachings of this faith and the author tries to keep as close to these teachings as he can with his limited knowledge. However, they are the views of the author whose understanding is not complete and may not reflect the official position of this church. For the official position of the LDS church, or for more information, please visit the links provided in this website under the title "LDS Church Websites".

Sunday, February 17, 2013

A New Blessing

     My wife and I have been very blessed this week.  We have the privilege of welcoming a new baby to our family.  I’m very excited to have a wonderful little one to add to my family!  Because of this new addition to our family, my time has been limited this week.  So my blog entry is going to be brief. 
     I want to take this week to testify of my Savior, Jesus.  Over two thousand years ago, Jehovah, the Son of God, came to earth as the child Jesus born to Mary.  I have a testimony that He walked this earth as the only truly perfect being to be born in it.  I know He resisted many different temptations so He could rise above the sins of the world.  I know He is the only Pure Being capable of washing us clean of our sins.
     I want to tell you that I am so grateful that I have this knowledge.  I know this is a world filled with the deception and lies of Lucifer, the father of lies.  I know that a lot of this world is covered with those lies to the point of preventing many people from knowing Jesus Christ.  So I know I could have easily come into this world in different circumstances that prevented me from knowing my Heavenly Friend.  I’m so grateful that wasn’t the case.
     Because I had the privilege of coming into this world knowing Jehovah the King, I have the opportunity of raising my two children with knowledge of Him.  I hope and pray that I and my wife will be good and faithful in teaching our children of Jesus Christ.  I want them to know Him.  There have been so many times in my life when I have desperately needed Him, and He’s always been there.  There will be so many times in the lives of my children when they will need Him.  I want them to know He is there.
     The reason this is so important to me is that I know the Mediator Jehovah can do far more for my children than I will ever be able to in this world.  If they know Him, love Him, and trust Him, there will be nothing He can’t do for them.  I know this because I’ve seen Him working miracles for me many, many times. 
     Jesus Christ lives.  He is the Messiah, the King, the Great Friend.  Trust Him and you will have nothing to fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment