Disclaimer

The author of this blog is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. As such the views expressed in this blog are influenced by the teachings of this faith and the author tries to keep as close to these teachings as he can with his limited knowledge. However, they are the views of the author whose understanding is not complete and may not reflect the official position of this church. For the official position of the LDS church, or for more information, please visit the links provided in this website under the title "LDS Church Websites".

Friday, June 17, 2011

Opening Story


                A few days ago, I was looking at political news on the Internet when I came across a report about war in the Middle East.  My interest was sparked, so I read the article.  At the bottom was a comment from a reader stating something to the effect that all Arabs are born to fight since fighting is all they know.  The author of the comment continued with hopes Arabs fight each other until they are all dead, concluding with his hatred for Arabs and any other religious fanatic (not quite his wording) who followed “man-made rules” (his wording used to imply religious rules are made up by man and not God).
                This ignorant hatred really troubled me.  I spent the next day or so pondering on this message, as well as several other troubling messages I’ve come upon in the past.  I wondered what I could do to help counter such thoughts with truth.
                As I was pondering it, the thought came that if I truly wanted to do something about it, I should start a blog about faith.  I thought this a ridiculous notion since I don’t like blogs.  Why would I start one?  Again the thought came that if I truly wanted to do something about it, I should start a blog about faith.  I countered this thought again, this time with the argument nobody wants to read a blog about faith. 
                But the thought persisted.  The more I thought about it, the more I came to know this was what I needed to do.  So it is that I start a blog about faith by acting in faith—faith that the Lord will use this blog for some purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment